A nonprofit fundraiser supportingCircus Juventas
With the help of the Circus Juventas community, we will remain #CJstrong
raised by 466 people
We are over-the-moon-excited to report that we have raised over $200,000, just in the nick of time as we culminate our World Circus Day and our 25th Year Online celebrations—how fitting that this coincides with our Circus Surprise hour!
From the bottom of our hearts, we are so grateful for this outpouring of support over the past month. Together, we’ll stay #CJstrong!
We’re elated to have surpassed our $150,000 fundraising goal thanks to the remarkable, unprecedented generosity of our #CJstrong community and the incredible support of an anonymous donor who has matched $75,000 once we made it to our halfway mark!
But wait….there’s more good news! This same donor will match an additional $25,000 to ensure we stay #CJstrong! Our giving thermometer will track this new commitment and surge of support—as well as our opportunity to have up to $100,000 in donations matched—as we approach our World Circus Day and 25th Year Online Celebration on May 9. Once we make it to the $175,000 mark, the remaining $25,000 match will be unlocked!
Every dollar toward this campaign will support how we are proactively reimagining ways to connect with and serve our community via interim programming as well as our preparations to comply with new public health and safety measures, allowing us to take proper precautions, protect our students, and open our doors safely as soon as we are allowed.
More details on our #CJstrong fundraising campaign:
For 25 years, the heart of Circus Juventas has been teamwork, resilience, and human connection. Every day, our students hold each other up and help their teammates soar. We now find ourselves as an organization reaching out for strength from our community.
Today, you can help us remain #CJstrong and keep this outpouring of support and momentum going through the celebrations this coming Saturday, May 9!
Here is some background about our current situation:
- Nearly $1 million in revenue comes from our spring and summer shows. COVID-19 is hitting us hard because it comes at the most vulnerable time of year for us as we rely on our spring and summer ticket sales so heavily.
- CJ is a nonprofit and relies on every dollar of ticket sales and tuition which account for 85% of its annual budget.
- We are not pandemic-proof even with otherwise healthy reserves intended for equipment and building updates and minor unexpected costs.
GIVE A LITTLE + GET A LOT: All donors who give $25 or more will receive our exclusive, customized #CJstrong Digital Toolkit emailed on to them on May 9, which will include:
- CJ staff + coaches’ favorite recipes
- DIY circus crafts + coloring pages
- Circus downloads, including a link to the full production of 2019's summer production TWISTED
- …and many other fun surprises
Additional ways to make a tax-deductible gift to CJ:
- By mailing a check to Circus Juventas, Attn: Emergency CJ Fund, 1270 Montreal Ave., St. Paul, MN 55116
- By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate methods (to arrange via phone and/or to donate stock, for example)
Thank you for helping Circus Juventas remain steadfast, resilient, and circus strong.
With deepest appreciation,
Dan and Betty Butler, Co-Founders
Nicole Malone, Development Director
This fundraiser supports