Fostering nonprofit programs and collaborative relationships to improve health and wellness in the La Crescent area.
We are an umbrella organization with 8 partner programs:
- Appleseed Community Theatre
- La Crescent Community Bike Shoppe
- La Crescent Community Garden
- La Crescent Food Shelf
- Neighbors in Action
- Neighbors Day
- Touching Moments Animal Assisted Activities
- Windy Ridge Ranch Therapeutic Riding Center.
The La Crescent Area Healthy Community Partnership exists to improve the health and wellness of the community. We do this by supporting projects, providing opportunities and mobilizing resources throughout the La Crescent area that will connect people within the community and empower them to achieve health and wellness in all aspects of their lives.
Some of our accomplishments:
- Sponsored community-wide health and wellness surveys
- Managed a charity wellness challenge
- Managed a five year grant for Active Living from Minnesota Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Started support groups with area churches
- Established fitness programs for boys, girls, and older adults
- Developed a nutrition and fitness education program
- Hosted a health summit and two Town Hall meetings with the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Received grants to support community initiatives and establish Neighbors in Action
- Currently support eight partner programs in the area: Appleseed Community Theatre; The La Crescent Community Bike Shoppe; La Crescent Community Garden; La Crescent Food Shelf; Neighbors Day; Neighbors in Action; Touching Moments Animal Assisted Living; and Windy Ridge Ranch Therapeutic Riding Center
- Became a partner agency of United Way, enabling further growth for organizations under our umbrella
- Recipient of the Golden Apple award from the MN Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for our contribution to nutrition – 2017