Learn. Make. Do. Be in community as you boldly explore your creative spirit.
Nestled in the harbor-side village of Grand Marais, MN, with direct access to Lake Superior and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, the Art Colony welcomes people like you to explore their creativity in a nurturing, community atmosphere. A place for people of all ages and skill levels, the Art Colony supports artists and creative seekers, alike, at every step of their journey by offering a variety of educational art-making opportunities. With over 200 diverse art classes, a variety of artist-driven signature events, artist talks, family-friendly activities, and a wide offering of artist services including studio access and independent residencies, there is something for everyone.
70 years ago, the Art Colony began with one class and 20 students. We now offer over 200 classes in five professional studios and serve over 25,000 people. Members are the foundation of the Art Colony. Your financial support and engaged involvement creates this thriving arts community. Support today is an investment for tomorrow's innovative programming, quality artist support, and inspiring access to the arts.
Be the foundation
Be the catalyst for the future
Support the Arts on the North Shore
- Be in the Know. Members receive our monthly e-newsletter, annual course catalog and invitations to events & exhibits
- Studio Access. Members can rent studio space and check out books from the Art Library.
- Sales. Members can exhibit work in our annual Member Show & Sale as well as receive notification of other art sale opportunities.
- Reduced-rate private programming
- Artist Services
- Tuition and Merchandise Discount Card. Value increases with your membership level, starting at $5 up to $150 at the $1,000+ membership
- Members at the $100+ receive additional benefits:
- Recognition in the Annual Report
- Partner Level and above receives Name displayed on the permanent Patron Plaque
Maximize your Membership & Support, here are 3 more ways you can make a difference (see separate pages for details):
1. Paint the Future. 2. Invest in Home. 3. Fund a Student.
***We have a $5,000 Give to the Max Day Match Challenge on the table. Please help maximize these extra gifts in 2016!
Thank you for being Friends of the Art Colony - you are our community!