RMS 2021 Annual Fund: Taking it Outside!

Organization Image

A nonprofit fundraiser supporting

Rochester Montessori School Inc
Fundraiser image

Help RMS expand its learning environment outdoors with seating, tables, awnings and more!


raised by 41 people

$40,000 goal

Education is a natural process carried out by the child and acquired by experiences in the environment. Dr. Maria Montessori

Rochester Montessori School has guided children to develop independence, confidence, critical thinking, and love of learning for 53 years. Careful attention to the environment in which children activate and develop their independence, along with trained and skilled guides to foster and encourage their innate desire to learn, have provided RMS students with a strong foundation to embrace life and learning. How children learn influences who they become.  


RMS Annual Fund 2021: Taking it Outside!

We are grateful to have kept our school not only open, but thriving, during the COVID pandemic. With careful attention to safety measures, and in cooperation with families, we continue to offer our strong program to our students. The pandemic has highlighted an opportunity for RMS. We want to more fully expand the structured classroom environment to the outdoors, by adding:

  • doors opening directly to the outdoor patios in the Middle Years classrooms
  • picnic tables outside the Children’s House classrooms
  • awnings to provide shade in the Toddler outdoor space
  • seating for the media center patio area
  • new resin benches at our front entry

We seek to raise $40,000 to cover the costs of taking it outside. Tuition income is dedicated primarily (80%) to staff salaries and benefits. The remaining 20% covers operating expenses. Tuition dollars do not cover the cost of expanding our learning environment to the outdoors. 


Every gift of every size matters, and helps us to expand and enhance the wonderful learning environment of RMS. Thank you so much for your support of Rochester Montessori School, and for being part of influencing who our children become.

Gifts to Rochester Montessori School (a 501(c)3 organization) are tax deductible where allowed by law.

Giving Activity


Instagram Image
Instagram Image
Instagram Image
Instagram Image


Log in to leave a comment. Log in