Addressing the critical shortage of diverse future mental health professionals.
raised by 28 people
People Incorporated is addressing the critical shortage of diverse future mental health professionals by offering training and paid field experience to recent high school and post-secondary graduates and current students in behavioral science-related fields. Collaboration with the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee provides guidance and input for each of the Pathways initiatives.
Each cohort of 5-6 trainees receives 6 weeks of training and program shadowing, followed by up to 8 months of paid field experience working in People Incorporated’s programs. Members receive training and practical experience in medical administration, mental health diagnosis and symptoms principles, cultural competencies, implicit bias, and more.
- Create low-barrier access points for aspiring mental health professionals from under-represented cultures
- Help those who may not be able to pursue a traditional degree program gain training, skills, and paid work experience
- Create recruitment connections with diverse agencies that are working with underrepresented students
- Pathways trainees complete 1,800 hours each per year of classroom learning as well as on-the-job experience
- Since its inception, Pathways has graduated over 70 trainees in total
- 50% of trainee graduates are current People Incorporated employees
This fundraiser supports