We are seeking funding to support our career exploration and college readiness programs!
raised by 9 people
The Minnesota Chill Foundation is seeking funding to support the growth of our career exploration and college readiness programs.
Our Chill Tech Program is a 6-week, paid internship giving our scholars hands on training with a certified technician. We are partnering with PSITech Support, a BIPOC-led technology startup whose goal is to diversify the technology industry and prepare young people for this competitive job market. Scholars will:
- Learn best practices to address common hardware and software issues, including tools and maintenance of Mac and PC product.
- A toolkit including a laptop.
- Develop professionalism and customer service skills
- Keep their laptops upon completion of the internship
We want to help normalize sending scholars to trade schools after high school without making them feel like they're less than a 4-year university scholar.
Our College Readiness Program provides:
- Monthly seminars for scholars and parents covering financial management, test prep, admission guidance, and more
- Annual college visits, with a focus on HBCU's
- A toolkit including a laptop and assistance with opening a bank account with First Independent Bank, the first Black-owned bank in Minnesota.
This fundraiser supports
Minnesota Chill Foundation