Winona Volunteer Services is a non-profit organization helping people address life's challenges in a respectful and dignified manner. We do this through our Food Programs, Nutrition Education, Coordinated Assistance Program, Home Delivered Meals, The Clothes Shop Thrift Store and Holiday Projects.
In 2022 staff and volunteers:
- Served an average of 651 households each month in the food shelf.
- Distributed 522,356 pounds of food.
- Served 20,024 Home Delivered Meals to 108 daily recipients.
- Provided 588 emergency service vouchers to people without financial resources to take care of basic needs.
- Distributed 458 federally funded food boxes to seniors through the Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors.
- Clothes Shop volunteers donated 4,618 hours and sold 59,424 items totaling over $114,956. Clothes Shop sales made up 7% of our operating revenue.
- At the end of 2022, WVS embarked on a Capital Campaign to build a new facility. This new building is replacing our current three structures and incorporating all of our services under one roof, optimizing our overall efficiencies and maximizing our ability to delivery services.