Financial Coaching Program
• We recognize the impact financial stress can have on the administrative side of loss. Financial wellness is priority
one, even before grieving and healing. We provide financial coaching by pro bono Certified Financial Planner™
professionals to help new widows manage through the financial confusion and, in many cases, hardship of early
Widow Services Program
• At some point, widows must deal with the pain and grief that does not go away. That’s why we offer Grief
Explorations, our six-week course to help widows and widowers understand themselves and heal in a nurturing
place, with others who’ve experienced the same sort of loss.
• Our focus has always been on helping our clients build new confidence, so we also offer Enrichment Classes that
focus on growth, improving life, helping them thrive and develop new dreams and renewed hope. These in-depth,
4- to 6-week classes allow plenty of time to learn and take practical steps into future possibilities.
• Twice a month, we invite widows of all ages and backgrounds, in a virtual community, to discuss timely topics
presented by national experts and leaders serving the greater widow community. Arise: A Widows’ Forum is an
hour-long mini seminar where we dive into a specific issue that particularly affects the health and wellbeing of
• Finally, we understand the widowhood experience firsthand. Many of our volunteers are widows who are walking
that same path. We all need to be seen, to be heard, to be known, to be understood, to feel worthy, and to be
loved. No one “gets it” like someone who has experienced it, so we make those connections. Our story is their
story, and we want them to know they don’t have to live it alone; we are their “wisters” (widow sisters).