Enhancing student opportunities in Westonka Schools.
The Foundation began in 1995 with the purpose of providing funding for learning experiences and projects that did not receive funding from the general school district budget. Recipients are selected based on educational value; numbers of learners impacted; availability of other sources of funding; and demonstrated need for the project. Grants are awarded in the fall. Examples of grants recently awarded:
- Classroom Books
- Vernier Lab Quest Probeware Sets
- Professional Trumpeter Master Class for High School
- Spanish Club Theater Outing and Spanish All School Dance
- Registration fees for Art
Educators Minnesota (AEM) Fall Conference
- Special Education - Manipulative
materials and games for classrooms
- Bully prevention materials
Grants are not limited to just teachers: anyone with a project that provides an opportunity for learning is eligible to apply. Besides grants to teachers and schools, grants have been awarded to the Special Education Advisory Board, the Westonka Healthy Community Collaborative, the Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with MWHS art students among others.