Thank you for supporting your National Park.
Your gift preserves starry skies, restores wetland habitats, builds new trails, and sustains education programs that inspire the next generation of conservationists. Thank you for supporting Voyageurs National Park with a gift to the Voyageurs Conservancy!
With your support, we will be able to fund landmark projects and programs in the year ahead:
- Launch the Voyageurs Classroom Initiative to expand youth environmental education in the park and virtually at home.
- Work to add 30 acres to the park, preserving important habitat.
- Preserve natural darkness, starry sky views and cultural stories by funding lighting improvements, public outreach and new dark sky education programs.
- Introduce young adults to conservation careers through the new Field Fellows program.
- Restore wetland biodiversity for fish and wildlife by removing invasive cattails.
- Expand sustainable recreation opportunities, including the new Mukooda hiking trail and making trail and campsite improvements.
Our public lands continue to face unforeseen threats and challenges and unprecedented visitation. As we plan for the future, we hope you will join our collective efforts and consider a gift to fund necessary park projects, conservation initiatives, and youth education. Thank you!
Who We Are
The Voyageurs Conservancy (formerly known as Voyageurs National Park Association) is the official nonprofit partner of Voyageurs National Park. Established in 1965, the Conservancy was the driving force to permanently protect the Rainy, Namakan, and Sandpoint regions of northern Minnesota. Today, we are a community of people dedicated to preserving, protecting, and sharing the unique experience of Minnesota’s only national park. The Voyageurs Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that works directly with the National Park Service to support conservation and recreation projects, enhance education and outreach, and protect the wild nature of the park. Since the park's creation, the Conservancy continues to connect people to the outdoors where they can learn, volunteer, and recreate, while preserving the park for future generations.
What We Do
The Conservancy's mission is to connect people to Voyageurs National Park, enhance the visitor experience, and protect the park for present and future generations. The Voyageurs Conservancy supports the park in these core areas:
- WILD VOYAGEURS: Environmental stewardship and conservation of the park’s amazing lands, waters, wildlife and starry skies
- NEXT GENERATION: Educating children and young adults through the Voyageurs Classroom Initiative
- VOYAGEURS EXPERIENCE: Improving the visitor experience and sustainable access for all
- LOVE YOUR PARK: Growing our community of park volunteers, stewards and advocates
For Minnesota's Voyageurs National Park
Voyageurs National Park is a wide-open gateway to the great outdoors. A welcome mat for adventure, family fun, and escape. Where rich history, stunning ecological diversity, and accessibility combine to offer visitors of all ages and skill levels an experience that’s uniquely Voyageurs. The park is made up of more than 218,000 acres of untamed wild -- dozens of pristine interconnected lakes dotted with over 1,000 islands, and 655 miles of undeveloped shoreline. Loon calls interrupt the eternal north woods silence in the most welcoming way. And at night the rippling iridescent glow of Northern Lights puts on a celestial show so dazzling your eyes can’t seem to open wide enough to take it all in. Voyageurs is a special place. Hard to get to, but easy to connect with by land or water. You’re welcome to come as you are, but this much is true: you will leave a little bit different, forever changed by merely having been here. That’s the magic of Voyageurs, and it’s the reason Voyageurs Conservancy works tirelessly to advocate for it.
What You Can Do Today
Donate to support your National Park.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Encourage your friends and family to join the Voyageurs community
Call your Congresspeople. Tell them that Voyageurs and our National Parks are important to you.
Make a plan to visit Voyageurs National Park. Experience this special place for yourself - better yet, introduce a child in your life.