CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN MINNESOTA AND CHINA
For more than 40 years, the Minnesota Chapter of the US-China Peoples Friendship Association (USCPFA-MN) has ambitiously pursued its mission of building mutual understanding
and friendship between the people of China and the United States.
The Minnesota Chapter is part of the national organization, US-China
Peoples Friendship Association (USCPFA). USCPFA
has the distinction of leading tours to China since 1972, and the Minnesota Chapter is one of the largest and most active chapters in the United States.
USCPFA-MN has 3 Key sister relationships in China:
- 1982 – created province-state relationship
between Minnesota and Shaanxi Province
- 1993 – created sister city relationship between Minneapolis and Harbin, Heilongjiang
- Since 1988 - played an active role fostering the St. Paul and Changsha sister city
USCPFA-MN's activities include:
- traveling with Mayor Coleman to St. Paul's sister city Changsha in October 2015
- traveling with Mayor Hodges to Minneapolis' sister city Harbin for the Annual Ice & Snow Festival in January 2015
- hosting annual Chinese New Year Banquet celebrations for its members
- sponsoring the St. Anthony Brass Quintet to play at the 2014 Harbin Summer Music Festival
- participating in the annual Dragon Boat Festival at Phalen Park in the summer
- hosting the Moon Festival in the Fall
- participating in the annual Passage to China event at the Mall of America sponsored by the Chinese Heritage Foundation
- participating in the annual Minneapolis Sister City Celebration at Nicollet Island in the summer
- hosting a China Talks series on China related topics
- hosting educational and trade delegations from China to MN
- hosting specialty tours and delegations of Minnesotans to Harbin, Changsha, Shaanxi Province, and other China cities
- working closely with Meet Minneapolis and the
University of Minnesota’s China Center and Confucius Institute
We are very proud of
our achievements and we look forward to continuing to build on our current relationships, as well as
developing exciting opportunities for new relationships in China.
USCPFA-MN also supports its sister organization, The Minnesota China Friendship Garden Society in its mission to build 2 China Friendship Gardens in the Twin Cities. Visit www.mnchinagarden.org
Visit the USCPFA-MN website to learn about upcoming events and how to become a member: http://uscpfa-mn.org/
Please contribute to our ongoing sister-city relationships and support us in sponsoring future China-related programs and future Chinese delegations to Minnesota.
We appreciate your
generous donation. Xiexie nin!