Unicorn Riot is an independent media organization that is supported by grassroots funding, in other words, YOU. Over the past seven years, YOU have been there to provide financial support, sharing of information, and most importantly viewership. YOU, our grassroots base, have created a convergence of amplification for our work! We thank you for that!
Since 2015, UR has been providing on-the-ground coverage of protests, resistance, and uprisings, including after numerous police killings (Jamar Clark, George Floyd, etc) and against fossil fuel extraction projects like Line 3 and the NoDAPL movement. During these seven-plus years, many public systems and the mainstream media have attempted to de-legitimize our work and our journalists. We believe it’s simply because our media is led by the people, not corporate or state interest.
We want to thank you for supporting us and ask for your continued support! We are growing as an organization and intentionally working on our sustainability, increasing our operating capacity, and expanding our media making with a variety of contributions from across the world, new content and reaching a broader audience.
Donations will support our ability to respond to current events and strengthen our organization. We are excited about the future of our work, and hope that you will continue along on this journey with us. Continued support from viewers like you ensures that we will always be able to tell the stories of those who do not receive the spotlight that they deserve! We also have a new merch store - click HERE!
Unicorn Riot media has no paywalls or advertisements, and our media is published under a Creative Commons license, allowing us (and YOU) to distribute our content to all places connected by the world-wide web. Our educational media platform publishes original content, such as:
• Live video streams of protests, civil unrest, speaking events, and cultural performances
• In-depth investigations providing transparency into police killings, surveillance of social movements, 'sweeps' of houseless communities, and spotlighting corporate and government abuses
• Extensive reports exposing the most active white supremacist organizations in the U.S. based on our vast online database of leaked chats
• Community-focused coverage on arts and culture, alternative economic models, and sustainable living
• Short and long-form documentaries
• International reports and breaking news coverage
If you want to see what we've been covering lately, check out our site!
And follow us on social media: