High Quality Affordable Housing and Life-enhancing Programs Promote Housing Stability, Economic Advancement, and Academic Success.
Twin Cities Housing Development Corporation (TCHDC), a non-profit developer of affordable multifamily housing:
- Has developed over 2,500 units of high quality affordable rental housing for low income families throughout the Twin Cities region.
- Operates Liberty Plaza Resource Center, a community center in the Summit-University neighborhood of St. Paul that offers free, high quality, year-round programs: after school and summer programs for children, employment and lifelong education services for teens and adults, and supportive services for families and individuals.
- Pursues these important and attainable goals at the Resource Center to: 1) strengthen the economic self-sufficiency of families; 2) improve academic achievement and self-confidence among children and youth; and 3) enhance the life skills necessary to be thriving members of society.
Your financial support enables TCHDC and Liberty Plaza Resource Center…
…to develop strong community partnerships that result in impactful programs and services.
We partner with…
- Local universities to connect students, faculty, and university resources with the diverse low income communities we serve. Their work with us focuses on improving reading proficiency for elementary school students, inspiring interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) through project-based learning opportunities, and fostering positive youth development.
- Local artists who provide children with year-round hands-on exposure to the arts.
- Community volunteers who support children’s efforts to achieve academic success.
- Community organizations that provide nutrition, food, literacy, and technology training and supports for children, adults, and families.