Stamina Racing Collective is a Minneapolis based cycling team founded in 2020. Our goal is to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of FTW (femme/trans/women) riders in competitive cycling through mentorship, community development, and enhanced accessibility. We just finished our first successful season and are ready to start our next one!
Cycling, especially racing, isn’t a particularly diverse sport. Financial barriers, systemic acts of exclusion, and feeling a lack of community all affect who actively rides, and more importantly, who continues to ride. Stamina seeks to enhance ridership and promote a sense of community among FTW, BIPOC cyclists as a means of addressing attrition in the sport. We have set a fundraising goal of $20,000 to help us build the strongest team possible. Stamina will use these funds for:
- Team costs (e.g., coaching, skills clinics, bikes) : we built a team based on passion, inclusion, and a commitment to advancing equity in cycling. We recognize that there are barriers for many riders, including individuals on the team, when it comes to training expenses. Stamina hopes to provide its members with tools that established riders have access to via industry connections or financial access; opportunities rarely afforded to BIPOC FTW riders.
- Racing costs (e.g., entry fees, travel, lodging): our riders participate in different races across Minnesota and the United States. In order for us to show up at these events, riders often incur entry fees, travel expenses, and other racing-related expenses. By donating to Stamina, you'll help alleviate some of the financial burden our members face to participate in cycling races and will help us diversity the sport of cycling.
Community programming (e.g., Ride Bright and Starting Line): a core pillar of Stamina is community outreach and programming. We strive to continue providing the same level of community programming in 2022. Last year with the help of community donations, grants, and sponsor help, we were able to:
- Provide lights, locks, and helmets to over 50 BIPOC cyclists
- Sponsor six women and non-binary riders in their first cycling race
- Provide criterium training and bike maintenance classes for over 30 BIPOC and FTW riders
- Hosted bi-weekly community, no drop rides, to make cycling a more inclusive and welcoming activity for all
We are grateful to the many people who have made in-kind donations to get us rolling, to folks near and far who have amplified our voice on social media, and the many local cyclists who have offered encouragement and connections. We are excited to take this next step, one that will set Stamina Racing Collective up for continued success!
Special thanks to our team sponsors for their continued support: