Our Streets Minneapolis works to put people first by transforming transportation and infrastructure.
We do this by making our streets places where people can easily and comfortably walk, bike, roll, and use public transit.
We envision streets and neighborhoods that are vibrant places for people to live, work, and play.
We envision communities with people-first transportation infrastructure that is not centered around cars.
We envision cities with streets designed to prioritize public health and climate, racial, and economic justice for all our neighbors.
• Over 100,000 attendees at annual Open Streets Minneapolis event series.
• 70,000+ doors knocked on across Minneapolis and Saint Paul to connect with residents and share how they can get involved in their communities.
• 3,000 digital activists across the Cities.
• Commitments from MnDOT to explore our proposed plans and safety measures on I-94 and Olson Memorial Highway.
• Two Highway-to-Boulevard conversions were included in MnDOT's Rethinking I-94 project alternatives.
Where We're Going
• Expanding our canvassing footprint to involve residents in our campaigns’ designs and decision-making.
• Growing the reach of our events, including Open Streets Minneapolis and our Imagine Series, and lowering the barrier to participation.
Thank you to our funders and donors. Your contributions allow us to make strides towards leading Minnesota, the Midwest and the nation towards a future where streets are designed to prioritize public health and climate, racial, and economic justice for all our neighbors.
José Antonio Zayas Cabán