Off-Broadway Musical Theatre Inc
Tax id (EIN)
AddressC/O NEW HOPE PARK AND REC
NEW HOPE, MN 55428
About Off-Broadway Musical Theatre
Off-Broadway Musical Theatre is a community-based performing arts group providing affordable, full-scale musical productions outdoors in New Hope, Minnesota. We have been providing affordable theater for 50 years.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission at Off-Broadway Musical Theatre is to promote and improve the cultural development of the community by providing the opportunity for individuals to learn and participate in the creative process, and further their appreciation of the dramatic arts with our free musical theater productions.
Why We Need Your Help
Although the theatre itself has grown throughout the years, our philosophy remains the same. Our performances each year remain free to the public as we feel it is important to provide access to the art of theatre to those who may not otherwise be able to enjoy it; including families, the elderly, those with lower income, and individuals with disabilities. Along with encouraging patrons to donate food for a local food shelf, we also ask for a $5 per person free-will donation in the hopes that we can continue our productions.
Did You Know?
• OBMT is a 501c3 non-profit entity and your donations are tax deductible
• Rights to perform a show can cost up to $3,500
• Salaries for artistic staff each year run upwards of $7,500
• Costumes conservatively cost the theater $1,000 per year
• Set construction costs upwards of $1,000 per year
• Annual cost to rent lighting equipment so you can see the show is $1,000+
• Annual cost to rent sound equipment so you can hear the show is $2,500+
• The cost for equipment to hang the lights is $600
• The storage fee for orchestra equipment during the show is $450
How you can help this year
OBMT moved into a new theater space built by the City of New Hope in 2021. This space is much bigger than the previous space provided by the city. Because of its increased size - more lighting is required and therefore more lighting fixtures.
With you donation and the donations of others, OBMT will be able to purchase more lighting fixtures as to more adequately light performances. Rather that light large areas of the stage, we will be able light smaller areas to draw the audiences attention to the action taking place. Light fixtures can cost anywhere from $750 - $2000 brand new, $200 - $1000 for used fixtures.
A goal of $2000 would get us approximately four to five used fixtures - which would be a great help.