We connect, organize and strengthen a network of 30+ Unitarian Universalist congregations in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota to build collective power and create a just and loving world.
Our small and dedicated staff (1.0 FTE) hosts statewide online forums, trains UU congregations in community organizing, and shares information & resources on issues & organizing strategies. We help plan & show up in prophetic witness in protest & in solidarity, as part of a multi-faith network. We organize issue-oriented calls/letters to voters & electeds, and consult directly with congregational groups on social justice & climate action.
In 2022, MUUSJA's effort areas include:
- Defending Democracy - voter engagement and election protection with UU the Vote
- Racial justice & equity - end biased surveillance & state-sanctioned violence
- Gender justice & dignity for women & LGBTQIA+ peoples - end conversion therapy, support transgender kids, support UU presence at state-wide pride events, & reproductive justice
- Climate justice - in community with Honor the Earth and MNIPL (Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light) to protect the earth and water.
You can explore details, sign up for news, and become a one-time or sustaining donor on our website at www.muusja.org/donate or via #GiveAtHomeMN. Questions? Please contact Karen Wills, Director@MUUSJA.org, 612-927-2072.
Here’s how you can help:
Become a Sustaining Donor. Whether you can give $10 a month or $1000, becoming a Sustaining Donor is the single most effective way you can contribute to our financial stability, and guarantee that we have the financial resources we need to live into our bold vision. The simplest way to do this is at www.muusja.org/donate.
Make a one-time contribution that reflects your aspirations for Unitarian Universalist justice work in the world. Do you want to see stronger collaborations for justice among our congregations? Have more Unitarian Universalists trained in direct action and witnessing for justice in the public square? Increase our UU congregations’ skills for effective, accountable partnerships beyond their walls? Deepen our theological grounding and amplify our public voice? Then make a donation to our work that feels aspirational, bold, and generous.
- Paper checks may be sent to MUUSJA at 900 Mount Curve Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403.