Help us provide new beginnings and loving homes to neglected, homeless and disabled Collies throughout the Midwest.
- Transport surrendered Collies to temporary and permanent foster homes throughout the Midwest.
- Approved foster families provide a loving, safe home for Collies and begin working to assess their traits and personality, provide needed medical care and begin preparing them to find their forever homes.
- Surrendered Collies are spayed/neutered and brought up-to-date on vaccinations before being placed in a forever home, in addition to having any other medical issues addressed that may be discovered during the Collie’s veterinary assessment or during their evaluation period with the foster family.
- The MWCR adoption team screens potential adopters to ensure they will provide the loving, safe home each Collie deserves, and then works to match adopters with the best available Collie for their home and lifestyle.
- When a Collie goes missing the MWCR team goes into action and implements a variety of resources and tools to increase the likelihood of getting the lost Collie home safe and sound.
- MWCR works to find permanent foster homes for the many special needs and/or senior Collies that are surrendered.
- Even after a Collie has been adopted, the MWCR team continues to provide follow up, education and support to adopters and their Collies.
If you look up 'Extreme Cuteness' in the dictionary, you will probably see a picture of adorable Collie puppy Chance. This handsome 12-week tricolor boy came to MWCR all the way from Colorado when he was surrendered to MWCR by his breeder. Sweet Chance had a heart condition caused by a birth defect known as PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) which is ultimately fatal without surgical intervention. Happily, a wonderful couple brought Chance to us and his surgery at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Hospital was a success. Chance recovered quickly and is now in his loving forever home complete with a big brother collie. Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, Chance will now lead a happy life with a normal life span.