Gifts provide scholarship support for students and general operating support for 17 four-year liberal arts campuses.
The Minnesota Private College Fund (MPCF) is an efficient, collective effort to secure support for Minnesota’s private colleges and universities, primarily from the business and foundation communities. Since its founding in 1951, our donors have been partners in its mission “to serve the education and economic needs of our region while strengthening our cultural and economic fabric.”
The Minnesota Private College Fund operates as a pass-through foundation – every contributed dollar goes to the member schools and their students) and seeks gifts primarily for general operating support and financial aid scholarships.
- It distributes the general operating and scholarship dollars raised to our member institutions. (Distributions are based on a 60/40 formula – 60% distributed equally; 40% distributed based on fall enrollment).
- It works with campus financial aid offices to award more than 400 scholarships each year.
Scholarship options for donors include:
- Minnesota Scholars Fund – supports students with financial need who are Minnesota residents.
- Access & Equity Scholarship Fund – supports students with financial need who are students of color, first-generation students or new Americans.
- Galileo Scholarship Fund – supports students with financial need who are majoring in the STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
The Minnesota Private College Fund’s 17 member private colleges and universities:
Bethany Lutheran College
College of Saint Benedict
College of St. Scholastica
Concordia College (Moorhead)
Concordia University, St. Paul
Gustavus Adolphus College
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Saint John’s University
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
St. Catherine University
St. Olaf College
University of St. Thomas