MBC is Birthing New Projects!
We need your support to grow and thrive.
MBC was formed in 2006 by a group of volunteers seeking to improve the health of babies, families and communities through promoting and supporting breast/chestfeeding.
We support lactation professionals and advocates to do their best work with the families they serve. We make sure local and cultural coalitions have the capacity to meet their communities' needs.
New arrivals at MBC:
- Expanding how we offer events - more accessible, BIPOC centered, focusing on mental health
- Developing new partnerships - Birth Equity Community Council, area food pantries, Minnesota Community Health Worker Alliance
- Fostering the development of a diverse medical lactation workforce
- Creating new materials and resources that respond to a changing world
- Laying the foundation for new cultural and local breast/chestfeeding coalitions to form and grow
We hope to bring to life:
- More voices and stories from Minnesota's diverse communities
- Leadership that is strong, visionary, and representative
- Clear and equitable pathways towards advanced lactation certification
Prenatal and maternity care that fully supports breast/chestfeeding families' needs and goals
Together, we can achieve:
Healthy Babies, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities
Learn more about MBC history, projects, leadership, and resources at our website