MetroKids, a child-focused, family friendly early childhood education center in downtown Minneapolis–a wonderful place for your child!
Founded in 1999, MetroKids exists so that all children in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area have access to excellent early childhood education. We will give your child the academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual foundation for elementary school—and life.
- We’re close, convenient, and perfect for busy families who work in or near the downtown area. MetroKids is near the bus line and the Metrodome light rail station. We’re right across the street from Hennepin County Medical Center.
- We promote early learning through holistic programming designed to meet your child’s developmental needs.
- Not too big and not too small, MetroKids is just right.
- We are open Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You set the schedule that works for your family.
- Our teacher-child ratio is very low, so children get the one-to-one attention and nurturing they need.
- The philosophy behind our Creative Curriculum is that young children learn best by playing and doing, integrating reading, writing, math, science, and social studies into the daily activities.
- Babies and children have daily opportunities to develop their small motor skills and large motor proficiency.
- We teach and model the attributes of Jesus—love, compassion, forgiveness, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Children learn that God loves them.
- Through the Minneapolis Public schools, we can connect you with preschool screening and special education services.
- We love building relationships with parents and grandparents, too. At MetroKids, everybody knows your name.
MetroKids Mission Statement
exists so that all children in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area have access to excellent
early childhood education. MetroKids promotes early learning through holistic
programming and outstanding teachers, nurtures every child’s individual
strengths, and supports families. MetroKids gives children the academic,
social, and spiritual foundation for elementary school—and life.
will become an invaluable resource for families of all backgrounds and a
stepping-stone to further educational opportunities as we form partnerships
with schools and child-focused programs in the Minneapolis metro area.
Priorities / Objectives
excellent, stimulating, and challenging curriculum to help children reach their
fullest potential and prepare them for further learning.
celebrate diversity within staff and families.
low-income parents and guardians through scholarships.
Serve as a
resource and feeder program to kindergarten classes in public, charter, and
private schools, as well as other child-focused support services.
employment of gifted teachers and staff by intentionally nurturing
relationships, providing ongoing training, and offering benefits.
model for other early childhood centers by building connections and sharing
develop after-school and no-school-day programming options for kindergarten
through second graders and their families.
model the attributes of Jesus—love, compassion, forgiveness, patience,
kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control—to prepare children for a
fulfilling and healthy future.