Meeker Memorial Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics, was established in 2005 with the sole purpose to help secure philanthropic resources to help maintain, improve and expand health care services for patients, their families, and the Meeker County community. Since 2005, the Foundation has engaged donors and community members and raised more than $1.9 million in philanthropic resources in support of Meeker Memorial. Foundation funds have been used in the following ways:
- More than $1.2 million raised as part of the “Invest in the Future” Capital Campaign for the hospital expansion project completed in 2010.
- More than $18,000 raised to help with upgrades in MMH’s Specialty and Oncology Clinics – all focused on enhancing patient experience and access to care.
- More than $23,500 raised to help upgrade equipment for Meekewr Memorial’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
- Grant funding of $10,000 for Meeker Memorial's Wound Clinic to help with the purchase of a new MIST Therapy machine – a non-contact low-frequency ultrasound, negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT).
- Grant funding of $2,000 to Meeker Memorial's Pediatric Rehabilitation program for the purchase of a new Rifton Adaptive Tricycle.
- Grant funding of $2,000 to Meeker Memorials Rehabilitation program for vision therapy.
- Raised more than $115,000 to help bring 3D mammography to Meeker Memorial's Imaging & Radiology department.
- Establish and grow the Foundation's newly created Endowment Fund to serve as a permanent resource to help ensure local access to state-of-the-art health care for generations to come.
Gifts – no matter the size – to Meeker Memorial Foundation are tax-deductible and have an impact on the lives of patients at Meeker Memorial Hospital. With your support and generosity, we can continue to deliver on the promise of our mission and, provide Care as it should be.