An experience with MATHCOUNTS can mean the difference between self-doubt and self-confidence.
Minnesota MATHCOUNTS is a program of the Minnesota Professional Engineers Foundation. To support MPEF and their work with undergraduate engineering scholarships and other STEM programs, visit the MPEF fundraising page below.
MATHCOUNTS puts the fun in fundamental. Skills, that is.
It turns today's math students into tomorrow's innovators, scientists, engineers, and doctors.
What is MATHCOUNTS?
- MATHCOUNTS is an enrichment, club, and competition program that promotes middle school mathematics achievement through the MATHCOUNTS Competition Series, The National Math Club, and Math Video Challenge.
- The program inspires excellence, confidence and curiosity in middle school students through fun and challenging math programs that they could not otherwise replicate in a classroom.
- MATHCOUNTS provides today's students with the foundation for success in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers.
- For 34 years, MATHCOUNTS has provided exciting, inclusive extracurricular opportunities to students and free, high-quality resources to educators.
- We believe all children are capable of seeing the beauty and joy of math, whether they come to us already passionate about math, or intimidated by it.
- Over the last three decades (and counting), the Minnesota program alone has helped tens of thousands of students fulfill their potential or, perhaps even more importantly, discover their potential.
When you donate to MATHCOUNTS, you are supporting:
- An inclusive social atmosphere at a critical social development age: middle school. Numerous studies have shown that self-confidence is at a crucial stage at this age—and the gender divide in math and science begins to grow.
- A program that does not discriminate between high-achieving math students and those who need extra encouragement, nor does it discriminate between income levels, as students are able to participate without incurring any extra costs beyond the initial registration fee.
- A future that includes well-trained engineers, doctors,
scientists, and other critical math-based careers. Members of the Minnesota
Society of Professional Engineers recognize that strong math skills are crucial to pursuing a STEM-related career. This is why they volunteer their time to run MATHCOUNTS in Minnesota.
But don’t take it from us—take it from the coaches and former students who have loved their experiences:
- "MATHCOUNTS helps students realize that math can be fun and there are lots of careers they can choose that require math skills."
- "MATHCOUNTS challenged my students to push further in problem solving than their curriculum offered, but more than that, it encouraged my students to further explore math and math-related topics."
- "MATHCOUNTS has gotten my students interested in math again. Some had lost interest this year, and it got them motivated to go beyond the classroom and do more math again. The program provides challenging problems with an opportunity to look for multiple ways to solve the problem."
More at http://www.mathcountsmn.org
Thank you for supporting MN MATHCOUNTS!