1 in 10 households in Minnesota are affected by hunger
In 1997, we began our food distribution program. Our first month, we served 25 families. Due to the success of that program we established AL-MAA'UNN (The Neighborly Needs) Community Outreach Programs in 2009 as part of our Social Services arm to provide goods & services to the community. Currently, we serve 300+ families on a monthly basis.
- 1 in 10 Minnesota households struggles with hunger
- 95% of the people we serve are non-Muslims.
- Every 3rd Saturday we operate a food shelf
- We provide groceries for at least 3 meals per family of 4.
- We deliver groceries to those that are home-bound as well as Seniors who are often times not mobile.
- Every 3rd & 4th Saturday of the month, we serve free, hot nutritious meals to approximately 100 meals for the homeless and those in need.
- In 2015 we distributed food to 6,333 households (avg. of 4members) with 176,148 pounds of meat, fresh fruit and veggies and non perishable foods.
- We are a volunteer based organization.
- We sent 12,000 bottles of water to Flint, MI residents
Hungry children, working adults and seniors are living all around us – and they need your help.
Too many of our neighbors are missing a meal today, even though there is plenty of food available to feed everyone. Food is a basic, core need for well-being. Our work focuses on how to alleviate the tremendous stress of not having enough, so that people don't have to worry about this basic need. With your support on Give to the Max Day, we can make the holidays a little brighter for families in need.
Your generous contributions to our Give to the Max campaign will allow us to end the year on a high note. We are grateful for your support as we work diligently to grow & sustain the important initiatives at AL-MAA'UNN & Masjid An-Nur!