Dear Lyndale Neighbor,
As the year comes to a close, we’re writing to thank you for your support of LNA. With your help, our neighborhood organization has had an impactful 2022. This has been a year of office improvements, expanded outreach and communications, as well as collaboration with new and well-known partners.
Seeking innovative ways to serve the diverse needs of Lyndale, LNA has been able to:
● bring neighbors together safely via Zoom and in-person at meetings and events;
● organize monthly outdoor community dinners in partnership with Zion Church;
● support three community gardens;
● provide over 5,700 hours of free English language instruction to more than 170 students in-person through our partnership with the Blaisdell YMCA;
● continue offering a digital access program for elder residents of Horn Towers public housing site, including free wi-fi, laptops and classes;
● partner with Project for Pride in Living and the Cultural Wellness Center to revision the rebuilding of the former Wells Fargo (3030 Nicollet), as well as work with the city to gather input for the former Kmart site;
● partner with Minneapolis Climate Action, the Somali American Women Action Center (SAWAC), and the Fortune Relief and Youth Empowerment Organization (FRAYEO) on new programs targeted towards renters, East Africans, and growing personal wealth; and
● recruit strong and diverse leadership to our Board of Directors and staff to be increasingly representative, responsive, and transparent.
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished and humbled by the work left to do. In addition to our ongoing programs, meetings and events, LNA hopes to build our programming, partnerships, and communications to reach more neighbors in 2023, and connect them to each other to create a stronger neighborhood and more resilient community.
As 2022 draws to a close, we’d like to humbly ask you to include us in your end-of-year giving plans. LNA’s goal is to raise an additional $10,000 before the end of the year. You can give online at https://www.givemn.org/organization/Lyndale-Neighborhood-Association
Or you can send your gift to: Lyndale Neighborhood Association, 3537 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408
Thank you once again for your generosity and support--here’s to a safe and healthy 2023!
LNA Executive Board Chair
You can read more about LNA at www.lyndale.org . For more information on LNA contact Acting Director Sarah Linnes-Robinson at email@example.com.