Our mission: enable community seniors to live healthy, independent and socially connected lives.
ProgramsWe serve over 600 seniors (and their caregivers) annually, through programs such as:
- Blood Pressure & "Nurse is In" clinics at various community locations
- In-home nursing support visits, including vision consultations
- Monthly Senior Social/Health Talks
- Volunteer-provided services such as in-home visits for isolated seniors, help with shopping and transportation
- Diabetes Support Group
- Low-Vision Support Group
- Art therapy classes
- Caregiver support and education
- Rapid Screen assessments
- Foot care
- Information and referrals
- Advocacy for securing services
- Transportation to local medical appointments (limited)
Most program services are provided at no charge.
A Longfellow/Seward Healthy Seniors Story:
Betsy is over ninety years old and is almost blind, but is able to live alone and stay in her apartment where she feels at home. Betsy participates in our Low-Vision Support Group and our monthly Senior Social/Health Talks. We also arrange for her to receive regular in-home nursing visits and placed a "Friendly Visitor" volunteer with her who visits Betsy regularly. Betsy participates in our Foot Care Clinics and her Friendly Visitor volunteer provides rides for her to go shopping and to local medical appointments.
Through your donation we are able to build neighborhood and volunteer support systems for seniors that rely on human, one-to-one relationships and services, uniquely designed for each individual's needs.