We hope to build Leanai Na Deithe Community Center in Minneapolis.
Our programs are:
1) You(th) Are Future: Program centered around young adults.
2) Queerhaven: Program centered around the LGBTQ+ community.
3) RIA: Refugee and Immigrant Assistance
4) DA: Disability Assistance
5) Everybody Eats: Program centered around homeless/low-income community members.
6) Economic Development: Program centered around community revitalization and small businesses.
In addition to our programs, we also want our space to be one where members of the community can exist without needing to pay to be there. The outcome we are working towards is economic and communal revitalization; we want to ensure people stop going hungry, that they have food to eat, and that they have the resources they need to be able to succeed and change their lives for the better. We’ve hosted clothing and food drives, community events, and want to establish partnerships with businesses in the community that can provide what we need to flesh out our programs. Minneapolis has a strong immigrant and refugee presence with high populations of Somali, Hmong, and First Nations people with organizations of their own that we want to build stronger partnerships with. We aren’t philanthropists – we’re people who know what it feels like to be out of luck, out of hope, and out of resources. We are or have been a part of every group that our various programs intend to serve and know how best to provide help.
Your help will kickstart the funding we need to serve more than 100,000 underserved members of our immediate community in addition to those from surrounding cities.