How can I help preserve the legacy of a 2,000 year-old dance tradition in Minnesota?
A donation to Katha Dance Theatre (KDT) allows you to be an active part of Kathak's preservation while helping to foster our diverse cultural community. We are now in our 36th season of making this elegant, graceful art form accessible and relevant to all, and YOU become part of our legacy when you support us!
Photo: Dababrata Biswas
Why donate to KDT? Why now?
We at Katha Dance Theatre (KDT) rely on your generosity to sustain our programming. Our mission is to inspire, captivate, and educate audiences about the beautiful Kathak dance tradition while expanding its artistic boundaries, making it more inclusive and accessible to all.
This is important work we could not do without your continued support, especially as we look toward an exciting world premiere performance next Spring (Kathak E-motion) that will bring in artistic collaborators from around the world. But why should you give today?
We have to move out of our St. Louis Park studio next year due to city plans to demolish our building.
As we work to ensure our organization's continued success in the face of such huge changes, we hope you’ll consider making KDT part of your giving plan! Here's how your investment can help us:
• $1,000 will support our ongoing goal to provide affordable and/or free performance options for our audiences, increasing our accessibility
• $750 will help strengthen our capacity to present E-motion locally and nationally, bringing the beauty of pure Kathak to communities nationwide
• $500 will help us with the costs incurred by renovating, moving to and leasing a new studio space that best serves our entire dance community
• $250 will help strengthen our school, whether that's through offering scholarships to students in need, supporting our teachers and staff's ability to do their work, or upgrading our technological capabilities
• $100 will help advance our community outreach programming, assuring that all who wish to participate in our work have the opportunity to do so
Photo by Anjana NairHelp contribute to our vital role in Minnesota's cultural landscape!
Your donation ensures that we can continue to preserve and advance this beautiful dance tradition thousands of miles away from its birthplace, enriching lives through dance and ensuring Kathak's continued cultural impact for years to come.
Your donation will be publicly recognized on our website and is also tax deductible, as Katha Dance Theatre is organized as a non-profit organization under 501(c)(3). Our federal tax ID is 36-3557119. We also ask that you check with your employer before you give to see if they offer a gift-matching program.
Thank you for your support! Please know that it is profoundly appreciated by our dance community and those we serve.
Dance. Discover. Transform. kathadance.org