The Great Commission hasn’t changed in 2,000 years, but the world to which Jesus sends us has. It’s time for a new kind of missionary.
Globalization, urbanization and religious extremism have created challenges that call for a different kind of missionary. Perhaps the greatest opportunity for the advancement of the gospel is increasing the number of mid-term missionaries – recent college graduates who are ready and willing to put their marketplace skills to work for two-years alongside a long-term team. These new kind of mission workers – we call them Goers – are an untapped and much-needed resource in the modern missionary era.
Unfortunately, the biggest reason why young adults are not serving mid-term commitments is because there isn’t an efficient path to get them there. The process of finding a way to use their degree globally can be confusing and lengthy. Further, many feel tied down by their student loans.
Enter GoCorps. GoCorps is an easy-to-navigate “on ramp” that:
· connects young adults with ways to integrate their major, marketplace skills and their faith globally.
· streamlines cumbersome processes with access to 15 leading missions organizations all through one website and one common application form and process.
· tackles the challenge of relevancy through offering ways that recent grads of all career aspirations can gain global work experience and mentoring in their major while they serve.
· makes service financially viable by providing Goers with $5,000 in loan forgiveness.
Fast forward five years. Today, GoCorps is the one-stop connection point for young adults who are looking for a place where they can put their education and their faith to work with the right ministry organization and the right assignment. We have placed 72 Goers among the least reached globally through seventeen partnering organizations. And we believe we’re just getting started.
That’s why we’ve set aggressive goals for GoCorps. We are committed to working toward 250 new Goers a year by the end of the current decade. But we can’t grow without you. Our goal is to match givers to Goers – one for one. Specifically, we are seeking givers who will support the sending ministry of GoCorps with an annual gift of $1,200 or $2,400. Matching each Goer with one MOBILIZER and one SPONSOR will ensure that we are able to send every qualified Goer that applies!
· MOBILIZERS commit to give $1,200 or more annually. These gifts lay the foundation and enable us to do the nuts and bolts of day-to-day ministry – recruiting, campus visits and coaching.
· SPONSORS commit to give $2,400 or more annually. These gifts ensure we’re able to fully fund our one of a kind loan forgiveness matching funds program.
· NEXT LEVEL givers invest $5,000 or more annually to fund special growth initiatives above and beyond the operating budget. Contact the Executive Director for specifics.
Will you prayerfully consider giving at one of these levels this year?