Historic St. John’s Lutheran Church of Bradford is one of a very few designated National Register of Historic Places (by the U.S. Department of the Interior) in all of Isanti County. This one-room pioneer church was built in 1882, and formally closed in 1956. The building, with its wood stove and hand-hewn pews and altar, is reminiscent of many of the first churches built in Isanti County.
The Friends of Historic St. John’s, Inc. has been active for many years in restoring and preserving this little church as a place where people can remember and celebrate their history. An annual OktoberFest is one activity the Friends of Historic St. John’s puts on to celebrate St. John’s German immigrant past, and to share this historic building with the community at large.
OktoberFest serves as a fundraiser as well as a community recognition event, and all profits generated from this event go directly toward the maintenance and upkeep of this Historic Church and its adjacent grounds.