We bring education to everyone.
Closely linked with the “Duluth Folk School”, the “Friends of the Duluth Folk School” is the 501(c)3 non-profit arm of our beloved Folk School Family. This non-profit organization was created to support the educational and community-building mission of Duluth Folk School in ways that only a non-profit can succeed. We primarily use this arm to write grants, accept donations, and leverage volunteers.
We focus our energy:
- We sponsor local youth programs and camps focused on inspiring interest in handcrafting
- We provide education events to promote arts, craft and trade skills in low-income and neighboring public schools
- We partner with other businesses and organization to organize and promote culture, education and arts events
- We participate and host neighborhood-strengthening events in Lincoln Park and West Duluth
We are supported by funds from:
- Fundraising events like the annual "Flannel Formal" and "Tool Swap"
- Grants for cultural, education, and arts goals
- Donations from generous individuals and businesses