Construction Volunteers

A nonprofit organization

5 donors


Since 2008 a Twin Cities carpenter and his son slipped off the beaten path on a Honduran island tourist destination and found a community of Hondurans struggling to make a life in the shadows. Hard-working but extremely poor, full of dignity but forgotten by the regional and national powers, this community was without basic infrastructures but big on heart. The Minnesotan, Vince, and his son Wynn, have been returning every year since to help with simple and not-so-simple development projects to make life easier.

Vince has gradually introduced others to this small community on the island of Roatan, some as volunteers for 2 weeks  every winter, others who join with these Honduran neighbors through donations. Approximately 90% of all donations go to building materials bought on the island and to labor given by the men and women of the community who  work hard alongside the Twin Cities volunteers. The remaining 10% goes toward the fundraising event held in Minneapolis each autumn.

Construction Volunteers delivers resident-driven projects that includes building structures, improving drainage, constructing foot bridges and concrete steps, building retaining walls, a two-story school and community center, and improving overall communal infrastructure. With each year, one project at a time, the distance between the Twin Cities and this Honduran village gets smaller. Who is our neighbor? Even people of a different language, culture and race.

You can make the world a little smaller and more loving by joining your resources to the efforts of this central American community. Donate now through GiveMN, and go to our website, to learn more.

Organization Data


Organization name

Construction Volunteers

Tax id (EIN)



908 Lincoln Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403