C2i provides unique programming and advocacy for foster care youth, 14-25, to promote a successful and healthy transition to living independently.
Connections to Independence is a unique organization with a youth-centered and holistic approach to moving youth on to a thriving adulthood post foster care through a healthy mind, body, and soul philosophy.
C2i has a focus of five core competencies:
- Financial Literacy
- Personal Wellness
C2i 2019 Program Outcomes:
- 92% of our 18+ youth earned a high school diploma or GED
- 60% completed a post secondary or vocational program
- 89% of the 15-18 youth are without children
Compared to national statistics:
- 54% of foster youth earn a high school diploma
- 2% obtain a post-secondary degree by the time of emancipation
- 88% with children
C2i attributes these great statistics to genuine relationship development. Providing youth with a genuine, trusting, and nurturing relationship where none has existed before, opens up the world of possibilities for learning. Relationship development coupled with our unique healthy mind, body, and soul programming is the key to our success!
If you'd like to donate directly to C2i - visit https://www.c2iyouth.org/support/make-a-donation/