Hello Friends! Today is GIVE TO THE MAX DAY!
Please consider making a donation to Community Partners today so we can continue to provide assisted transportation to essential medical appointments, provide weekly grocery delivery, distribute care packages, make friendly phone calls, provide assessments over the phone, and provide caregiver counseling and caregiver support group, all when our seniors and caregivers need us the most in the midst of this pandemic.
Any amount helps. Every donation makes a difference.
What could your donation go toward?
$25 pays for one round trip ride to Duluth for an essential medical appointment
$50 provides Grocery Delivery to one household for one month
$100 provides Caregiver Support group to a caregiver for one year
Regardless of whether you make a donation, we hope you are staying healthy and safe during this time!
Community Partners Staff, Board, and Volunteers
Our mission is to support the independence of our neighbors 60+ and their caregivers in the Two Harbors area.
Why? We want to see people of all ages age well in our community.
Check out the video below that highlights the connections we make with volunteers and seniors through our transportation program (thanks Head of the Lakes United Way!) :
Our Programs & Services:
- Care Consultation & Coordination—assessment, planning, resources, and connections to services.
- Rides to medical appointments in Duluth and Two Harbors
- Rides to the grocery store and other errands around town
- Grocery Shopping & Delivery - we take orders on Tuesdays, volunteers shop & deliver on Wednesdays
- Chore - seasonal outdoor chores
- Companionship—trained volunteers provide phone calls, check-ins, and visits
- Caregiver Counseling - on-going coaching and support for those who are providing support to a family member of friend
- Monthly Caregiver Support Group
- Volunteer Respite - trained volunteers provide safe companionship to your loved one in your home so you can take a break. Referrals to paid respite also available
- Monthly New Memories Café—a social and educational activity for people living with dementia and their care partner.
- Evidence-Based Health Programs such as Matter of Balance and Chronic Disease Self-Management classes
- engAGE program - Educational workshops, lunch outings, trips to plays and up the Shore, and more.
One of our most utilized programs is assisted transportation to medical appointments to Duluth and Two Harbors. Our volunteer helps the participant in and out of the vehicle and frequently attends the appointment with them. In the past year, 54 seniors received a total of 269 rides to Duluth provided by 22 different volunteers. Transportation is frequently cited by seniors and local providers as the number one need in the region, and we are happy that our program can help address this need affordably.
Chore Days we do in collaboration with the Two Harbors High School, AGE to age, and other businesses. The Minnesota Community Education Association just awarded our Chore Day “Project of the year” 2018.
The geographic area served includes the city of Two Harbors, the area along the shore from Knife River to the Gooseberry River and the area up to five miles inland from Two Harbors.
One full-time staff, three-part time staff provide overall service coordination for the program, however, we rely on volunteers to make many services possible.
We were awarded non-profit of the year 2018 by our local Two Harbors Area Chamber of Commerce.