Community Thread was established in 1967 by individuals who recognized needs that were not being met by existing resources in the St. Croix Valley. Believing that volunteers could impact those needs, the founders created an organization designed to connect people and enrich lives, something we continue to do to this day.
One of the ways Community Thread supports residents is through the Holiday Hope program. Now in its 52nd year, Holiday Hope has positively impacted thousands of lives and left a lasting impact on those who would not otherwise have enjoyed the traditions of gift giving and a holiday meal.
Holiday Hope serves those who live within the following communities: Afton, Bayport, Baytown Township, Grant, Lake Elmo, Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Landfall, Marine on St. Croix, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Mary’s Point, St. Croix Beach, Stillwater, West Lakeland Township, Withrow, and Woodbury.
In 2021, the generosity of individuals, businesses, and other organizations allowed Community Thread to serve 780 households, totaling 2,710 individuals (including 1,470 children) living in the Stillwater Area School District, Landfall, Oakdale, and Woodbury. This year, a 30% increase in need is expected due to inflation and other economic pressures.
Money raised during this year's Give to the Max Day will support Holiday Hope. In addition, all funds raised up to $5,000 will be matched by a local, anonymous donor!
Thank you for your support in making the holidays brighter for everyone in need of a little extra support.
- $25 provides a general contribution to Holiday Hope
- $50 provides gift cards and gifts to an older adult or adult with disabilities
- $100 provides gift cards and gifts to a couple in need this holiday season
- $125 provides gift cards and gifts to one parent and one child
- $250 provides gift cards and gifts to two parents and two children
- $500 provides a general contribution to Holiday Hope
- $1,000 provides a general contribution to Holiday Hope