Community Reporter - A Community Asset Invites Your Investment
The Community Reporter’s mission goes well beyond the core
mission of reporting news which impacts the community. Born in the 1970s out of
a number of West Seventh St. organizations desire to effectively communicate
with area residents, the Community Reporter sees itself as a vehicle for and
agent of community building in St. Paul. In any issue one might find the
- Columns by local residents bringing a down to earth perspective
from the neighborhood.
- Vital health information through a partnership with
United Family Medicine.
- Updates on city and community plans from the West
Seventh Federation, City Council Members and County Commissioners.
- Artist Profiles and articles covering a range arts and
culture, including galleries, music, theater, reviews of books by community
writers, film, theater, exhibits and public events.
- Youth Writing with poetry and essays from students from
grades 5 & 6 through senior high school.
- Whole Wide World a feature column from the West Seventh
Branch, St. Paul Public Library.
- Feature Articles on new and developing businesses,
community agencies and services, textured looks at neighborhood history.
- Community Voice through opinion pieces, essays, &
- Community Connection through the creation of a dynamic, interactive, community friendly web site, weaving together diverse interests and needs for all ages, cultural, religious and social backgrounds
By Supporting the Community Reporter you are helping build a
community in which coalitions of neighbors, for profit and nonprofit
businesses, congregations and organizations can step out of silos and work
collaboratively to strengthen the city and neighborhoods we so greatly value.
By supporting the Community Reporter you are building community.