On behalf of everyone at the Central Mesabi Medical Foundation, we are grateful for your support, your partnership, and your investment in a healthier future.
Your generosity makes an impact by strengthening our ability to provide high-quality care to patients and families, train the next generation of healthcare providers, and enhance well-being throughout our community.
By giving a little, you can help a lot! Donations of any amount make a difference and collectively add up! Because of you, more than $500,000 has been awarded since 2015, supporting patients and families, equipment purchases and program start-ups, and community programs that expand our shared mission. The impact is astounding! Some examples include:
- Chairs for the Fairview Range chemotherapy/infusion center.
- Funding for the Food Insecurity Program, which has resulted in more than 250 boxes of shelf-stable food being distributed to patients in need since the program began in October 2020.
- Start-up funding, equipment, and training for new programs including Fairview Range’s Orthotics Department and the Rehab Department’s Dry Needling therapy, a treatment for management of neuromusculoskeletal pain and movement impairments.
- Staff training and certification in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care.
- Musical equipment and activity supplies for behavioral health patients resulting in positive, empowering, and unique healing outcomes.
- Student scholarships for future healthcare providers, allowing recipients the opportunity to ease their financial burden and focus more on preparing for a future of caring for others.
- Funding of the “Game Ready Compression and Cold Therapy System” – a cryotherapy tool to aid in reducing pain and swelling and deemed an essential ‘best in class’ sports medical device that accelerated health from injury and orthopedic surgery.
- Life-saving AED machines were funded and placed throughout our communities.
- Support for community initiatives such as the Youth Mental Health First Aid Night; Silver Sneakers Senior Exercise Program; Project Care Free Clinic; peace officers and first responders seminar and training on dealing with on-the-job stress, PTSD, and suicide prevention; Chaplains training; You Matter Bags for children in the North St. Louis County Foster Care System; and support of local high school Certified Nursing Assistant programs.
- Medical equipment purchases including an EKG machine, MRI non-magnetic prism glasses, anatomical models to improve patient understanding and education, Stryker wheelchairs, a Bilichek meter, an electronic scale for the Pharmacy, Pediatric Physical Therapy equipment, iPads, treadmills, a vein finder, elliptical machines, and much more!
THANK YOU! Your generous gifts affect every aspect of our mission.