Support the Fight for Justice and Mutual Understanding
Thank you so much for being engaged in this present moment of immense change in our world, our community, and our lives. Thank you for being a partner in the work that CAIR-MN does. Thank you for working with us as we strive to make the world a better place for all.
More About CAIR-MN:
CAIR-MN’s mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
The goals of CAIR-MN are to:
- Be the leading civil rights advocacy and legal services organization for Muslims in Minnesota, protecting against racial, ethnic, and religious discrimination and injustice.
- Ensure fair, balanced, and accurate portrayal of Islam and Muslims in the Minnesota media.
- Be the primary, trusted resource for education on diversity issues concerning Muslims.
- Mobilize communities and leaders to create systems change.
- Build the organizational infrastructure and human capital to sustain our mission and growth.
Reasons to Give to CAIR-MN:
-> Minnesota recorded 6 major attacks as of November 2022, the largest number in the state’s history and the nation.
-> 75% of East African Immigrants in Minnesota are in poverty
-> This community records the worst achievement gap in the State and the lowest homeownership in the State (4%)
-> Police and FBI abuses continue to harass the population
We need to actively work against racism, hate, and islamophobia. CAIR-MN is the largest organization in Minnesota that addresses these issues and works against islamophobia, educates the community with award-winning Inclusion and Diversity trainings, works with community-based solutions to close the achievement gap, addresses inequities in housing, provides free legal services, legal clinics, transforming public and federal safety and advocating against Police and FBI abuses, community-based training on knowing their rights, challenging the growing threat from Islamophobia with our advocacy and coalition building.
- Religious Discrimination Support & Legal Advocacy and Free Legal Clinics
- Community Empowerment Trainings including Know Your Rights, Challenging Islamophobia, Housing rights, Education Justice
- Diversity Trainings including "Working Effectively With Your Muslim Colleagues and Clients," "Understanding Somali Culture," and "Challenging Islamophobia"
- Building Youth Power Initiative including Workshops, Mock Legislature, Youth Leadership Conference, Internships and Law Clerkships, and Youth Civic Leader Scholarship
- Non-Muslim Allies Community Advocates Training
Thank you so much for being engaged in this present moment of immense change in our world, community, and lives. Thank you for being a partner in the work that CAIR-MN does. Thank you for working with us as we strive to make the world a better place for all.