Prepared for Life!
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
The Central Minnesota Council serves about 4,100 families in 12 counties of Minnesota: Aitkin, Benton, Cass, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd & Wadena.
prepares young people for success in life by giving them the tools to be
leaders, good citizens, caring people and proactive difference makers.
- Scout Oath – On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
- Scout Law – A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
- Cub Scouts
(Boys & Girls ages 5 to 10) - The basics of citizenship, personal responsibility, helping others, physical fitness, outdoors skills and conservation.
- Scouts, BSA (Boys & Girls ages 11 to 17) - Builds on the basics of Cub Scouting. Learning Leadership by doing with the outdoors as our classroom. Troops are youth led and leader coached. Our merit badge program offers learning opportunities in just about any field, sport or hobby.
(Young Men & Women ages 13 to 20) - High Adventure opportunities for older youth. Programs are youth led and focus is determined by the Venture Crew.
- Exploring (Young
Men & Women ages 13 to 20) - Career Exploration opportunities in any field, such as Firefighting, Law Enforcement, Nursing, Engineering, Aviation or the Skilled Trades.
- Program and Facility Support at Parker Scout Camp near Nisswa, Minnesota
- STEM Program
Initiatives & Science Camps
- Scoutreach Program for at risk youth
Youth Leadership Training for Scouts & Venturers
- Provide an
opportunity for youth to be involved in Scouting in every one of the
communities we serve.
local Scout units with training, resources and staff.
unit programs with outdoors and camp activities at Parker Scout Camp to keep boys excited about
Scouting and nature.
- Give parents
a vehicle to spend quality time with their sons in a structured
- Equip young
people with life skills to become productive, successful leaders and