Art Works Eagan's mission is to enhance the local arts community by connecting working artists, arts organizations, and the community in a creative gathering space.
How do we do this?
One great example of how we build community is our annual fundraiser that was just completed called Intertwining Stories – a Macro Macrame Project! This large scale textile installation designed by fiber artist Haley Harnagel, brought artists and community members together through in person and online macrame workshops, and culminated with a collaborative installation that was live-streamed on September 12. Macrame pieces created during the workshops, as well as dedications, and Artworks members drawings, paintings, ceramics and glass mosaics were all incorporated into the final piece. We plan to display sections of this piece throughout the community to extend the life of this community collaboration. We raised $10,000 towards our $15,000 goal!
AWE believes that community is built piece by piece, layer by layer, and side by side in the common canvas that is our community.
Help us continue to connect! We are just $5,000 short of our $15,000 goal.
Our community is starting to come together again. Help us reconnect! Your generosity will enable us to continue to offer:
• Studios for Working Artists - studio space is offered on a private, semi-private or communal space basis. 2-D, Ceramics, and MakerSpace are all available.
• Arts Organization Support and Connection - local arts organizations such as the Dakota Center for the Arts, Eagan Community Foundation and Eagan FunFest use AWE as a focal center for program planning, joint community efforts, and sharing resources.
• Resource and Networking Center for Working Artists - working artists, both AWE members and non-members, utilize AWE’s consolidated resources and network to enhance their businesses and art form.
• Artisan Shop - one of our future goals is for local artists to be able to sell their work in a brick-and-mortar space year round, and likewise, the community will have a place to purchase local, handmade art.
• Fine Art Gallery - the first of its kind in Eagan, our gallery attracts community members and local educational institutions as an opportunity to gain artistic perspectives and learning, and allows local artists to share their work with the community.
• Performance Space - our performance space is available for a wide variety of events and opportunities, such as a venue for small theater groups, lectures, dance and music performances, and poetry or other short story readings.
• Makers' Workshop - Eagan Makers is creating a community for socializing, learning, collaborating and exploring Technology, Science, and Art. Eagan Makers are part of a social movement that values creation and innovation over consumption.
• Community Gathering - the community and conference room spaces are available for a wide variety of meetings and events, supporting our mission of community connectedness.
• Workshops - can be held in community or conference room spaces, hosted by individuals or various groups, both within and outside of the Eagan community.
Connection, care and community through artmaking - we can't wait to see you at Artworks!