Providing services to older and disabled adults in Houston County and the surrounding areas.
raised by 23 people
Neighbors in Action provides assistance to older neighbors in Houston County, Minnesota. Our mission is to strengthen community by providing services that allow neighbors to age well at home.
Neighbors in Action provides help in two ways:
- Volunteers are matched to provide out door chore services (lawn and snow), friendly visiting, and transportation mainly in the La Crescent area.
- Care Partner Service – a paid staff person provides more in depth care to help provide peace of mind to both the person served and their family.
Service Options include:
- Outdoor chores: snow shoveling, lawn mowing
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation for appointments and errands
- Companionship, friendly visiting and respite for caregivers
- Social and educational opportunities
- Home Safety Assessments for fall prevention
Visit our website for more information www.neighborsinaction.net
This fundraiser supports
La Crescent Area Healthy Community Partnership