We've laid the foundation and are building! Let's build a more sustainable future for all!
raised by 6 people
3 months left
Green New Deal Housing is creating an equitable model for home ownership, participation in the new green economy, and sustainable community investment.
• We build robust, solar-powered, energy-efficient homes.
• We work with stakeholders and local organizations to shape our priorities and inform and assist our program development and delivery.
• We sell our homes at a reduced price. As a nonprofit community development organization, we use subsidies to reduce the sale price of a Green New Deal Home to income-qualified buyers.
• We raise funds from charitable foundations and other donors, who contribute to our Equity Fund to make our homes affordable to income-qualified buyers.
• We also develop and deliver workforce training. Using our projects as “living labs,” we provide free training in green construction practices, creating educational and economic opportunities for existing workers and those who would like to enter the trades.
And we need your help!
This year, for Give to the Max, we are specifically raising funds for down payment assistance. 100% of the funds raised here will go to the Bridging the Gap arm of our Equity Fund, a fund created to reduce barriers to home ownership by adding to or supplementing the funds a family might need for down payment on a Green New Deal Housing, zero net-energy home.
To learn more about our pilot project house and other Green New Deal model homes, visit our website: GreenNewDealHomes.org/projects
Housing lasts for generations. When you give to Green New Deal Housing's Equity Fund, your donation lasts for generations as well.
Please help this (and the next) generation build for the future they deserve.
Please give today!
This fundraiser supports
Green New Deal Housing