Collaborative breaking ensemble creating unconventional and physically rigorous compositions
raised by 73 people
BRKFST Dance Company has exciting opportunities on the horizon and YOU can be a part of the action by donating today!!!
For the first time in 8 years, each member of BRKFST Dance Company was paid for rehearsals thanks to funds raised through last year’s GiveMN campaign! Because of this, BRKFST was able to create a new work to “Beethoven’s Grosse Fuge Op. 133” which premiered in July 2022 with The Minnesota Orchestra. As the first breaking company in the Midwest to perform with a live Orchestra, BRKFST Dance Company is a leader in both content and collaboration.
This year, BRKFST is asking for your help so that each dancer/choreographer continues to earn a livable wage for rehearsals, performances, and community engagement opportunities.
In the next year, BRKFST Dance Company will:
- Embark on their first national tour, premiering a new work in collaboration with Hartford Symphony Orchestra
- BRKFST will lead two engagement activities while on tour: working with The Boys and Girls Club in Hartford, CT and Trinity College along with the Hip Hop/Breaking community
- Perform a new work in collaboration with The Minnesota Orchestra in Summer 2023
Your donation will:
- Support our creative process
- Expand our audience base
- Help us earn a livable wage
BRKFST Dance Company is at the forefront of breaking boundaries within dance and is passionate about instigating cultural change, fostering collaboration, and embracing creativity.
The art BRKFST is producing will benefit people all over the country.
Not only will your donations directly support and affect each member, but all donations are tax-deductible! Make your best gift today!
Thank you for fueling our bold goals and bringing breaking to the masses!
This fundraiser supports
BRKFST Dance Company