Here's a look at the 10 new sculptures in the 2022 Sculpture Walk. Join us in Walking the Walk!
raised by 13 people
Sculpture Walking Downtown...And Into The Community
The past two years have been challenging for us all. And they were for the Sculpture Walk. But 2022 is a year of renewal. We're rebranding with a new logo, a new vitality and a new mission to bring quality public art to all of Bemidji.
The Bemidji Sculpture Walk premiered in the spring of 1999. The original idea was for sculptures to be installed outdoors in a 20-block area of downtown Bemidji. During the past 23 years, hundreds of quality sculptures have graced the streets downtown.
During those years, Bemidji grew!
Today, the city has expanded beyond our original downtown locations; we're ready to expand with it! We're looking for new locations for our sculptures.
New This Year!
- Art in the parks! We're working with the Bemidji Parks Dept. to find new, cool locations for public art. We installed five decorative benches along the waterfront last fall. And there's more to come.
- Audio Tour of the Walk. Starting this year, use your smartphone to learn about each sculptor and their work. Listen to artists describe their motivations and sculpture techniques.
- Enhanced brochure and map of the Walk. Our new brochure will show all sculpture locations and nearby stores and restaurants.
- QR codes on the brochure and sculptures. Access artists and the Sculpture Walk website using customized QR codes.
- A new brand logo...contemporary, relevant and cool! Coming soon!
Please help us reach our spring 2022 goal so we can continue to bring high-quality public art to the Bemidji area.
This fundraiser supports
Bemidji Sculpture Walk
Organized By Michael Hanley