Wilderness in the City is a grassroots 501(c)3 organization dedicated to preserving and enhancing natural urban areas for future generations. Our origins and our deepest roots lie in Lebanon Hills Regional Park which we support as minimally developed park, offering high-quality Nature-based opportunities for people, and habitat for wildlife.
- Natural spaces, close to home and accessible to all, that offer respite from the built world around us;
- A legacy of parklands with healthy ecosystems for year-around, nature-based recreation and education opportunities;
- Enhanced wildlife habitats in an otherwise developed urban setting.
To help us achieve this vision, we:
- Support and participate in environmental stewardship volunteer events at Lebanon Hills, providing crucial help to the park and also inspire a community of stewards.
- Host and participate in community events to keep people informed, to share information about Lebanon Hills and the Regional Parks System, and to promote the benefits of NatureRx for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Advocate for greater accountability to the natural resource base of the regional parks system, including the use of Parks and Trails Legacy investments for stewardship of natural areas -- as people intended when they voted of the Legacy Amendment -- instead of new built infrastructure which is currently the majority of spending.
How will we use your donation?
- Upgrade our website and social media platforms to inform and organize more people
- Hire a part time staff member
- Grow our successful volunteer program
- Develop our Legacy of Nature campaign
- Expand and share our messages (newsletters, electronic media, and flyers)
Thank you for your generous support!