Adjusting to our "New Normal" -- Because, Together WeCAN
Wow, what a year! Last spring, we were just beginning to understand the incredible changes and demands we would be facing in our “new normal.” Looking back, I am so incredibly grateful that you not only cheered us on, but you provided the generous support we needed to overcome an especially challenging year.
I sense hope, energy and excitement in the coming months. With help from people like YOU, we have some great things planned for this year. We will continue to deliver fresh and nutritious meals to an ever-growing client base. We will provide our family support programs such as Ready-to-Learn, Winter Clothing Drive and Adopt-A-Family. Job seekers can rely on our Employment Program to help them find a new or different job. Tackling an unprecedented increase in requests for rental, utility and other financial assistance, we will provide as much support as possible to our clients when they need it most.
We will continue to meet their individual needs with the dignity, respect and compassion that everyone in our community deserves. None of these things would be possible without YOU!
We gratefully look to you as a vital member of the WeCAN team. Our work is desperately needed, and your support is appreciated now more than ever. As always, your commitment to WeCAN and our mission are greatly appreciated and give us strength to do this challenging work.
WeCAN offers hope and help to people living in the cities of Greenfield, Loretto, Independence, Maple Plain, Minnetonka Beach, Minnetrista, Mound, Rockford, Spring Park, St. Bonifacius, Tonka Bay and western Orono.
Our services include:
- Emergency Assistance to prevent homelessness and to help families in crisis, including assistance with rent, mortgage, car repair, utilities, gas cards and bus passes.
- Meals on Wheels hot lunch delivered to seniors and homebound individuals along with a personal visit. Our Mobile Market provides home delivered groceries to low-income individuals and families who face barriers to visiting a traditional food shelf.
- Family Support Programs of Adopt-a-Family for the holidays, Ready to Learn school supplies, Birthday Shelf, Stay Warm and Personal Hygiene.
- Clinic Connection addresses medical and prescription needs and assistance with medical insurance applications.
- Job Center Computer stations and office equipment for job search and skill building are available. Our job counselor is available, by appointment, for resume assistance, skill assessment, and mock interview training.
- Referrals to many agencies for specific needs.
Thank you for helping to care for the most vulnerable in our community, now and always.