Thank you for supporting Voyageurs National Park Association!
Voyageurs National Park Association connects people to Voyageurs National Park, enhances the visitor experience, and protects the park for present and future generations. With the assistance of generous supporters and partners, Voyageurs National Park Association has helped to:
- Empower over 100 Minnesota high school students through the National Park Teen Ambassador program.
- Recruit hundreds of volunteers to complete special projects in the park for the past 10 years.
- Conserve an additional 64 total acres of land within Voyageurs National Park.
- Monitor environmental threats to the park’s natural resources to protect clean air and water.
- Fund important science like a sulfide mining park impact report and a bear DNA study.
- Educate the public about Voyageurs and celebrate its importance through events, presentations, educational materials, visitor guides and an annual Congressional briefing event.
- Grant funds to the park to support projects and programs like school group visits to the park, interpretive programs, wildlife research, and habitat and trail restoration.
In 2016, the National Park Service celebrated its Centennial Year. VNPA is proud to help our park celebrate, inspire community engagement, and connect new visitors to Voyageurs. In the past year we have worked to:
- Provide funding to match special Centennial federal grants to restore the Cruiser Lake Trail System, launch an Adopt-a-Trail program, and remove invasive cattails in the park to restore wetlands for fish and waterfowl.
- Celebrate Voyageurs National Park through a series of events and programs in the park and Twin Cities areas. Save the date: December 6, 2016 for our Pints for the Park event at Lake Monster Brewing.
Thank you for your support! We look forward to celebrating the next 100 years of the Park Service with national park enthusiasts like you!