Thank you for supporting Voyageurs National Park Association!
For over 50 years, our mission has been the protection and promotion of the natural, recreational, and historic resources of Minnesota's Voyageurs National Park. By connecting kids, visitors, volunteers, partners, and donors to the park, we help to preserve it for future generations. With the help of generous supporters and partners, Voyageurs National Park Association has helped to:
- Empower over 70 Minnesota high school students through the National Park Teen Ambassador program.
- Recruit hundreds of volunteers to complete special projects in the park for the past 10 years.
- Conserve an additional 64 total acres of land within Voyageurs National Park.
- Monitor environmental threats to the park’s natural resources to protect clean air and water.
- Fund important science like a sulfide mining park impact report and a bear DNA study.
- Educate the public about Voyageurs and celebrate its importance through events, presentations, educational materials, visitor guides and an annual Congressional briefing event.
- Grant funds to the park to support projects and programs like school group visits to the park, interpretive programs, wildlife research, and habitat and trail restoration.
In 2016, the National Park Service will celebrate its Centennial. Through the Find Your Park public awareness and education campaign, national parks and their partners will celebrate and work to inspire the next generation of park visitors, stewards, and advocates. VNPA is proud to help our park celebrate, inspire community engagement, and connect new visitors to Voyageurs. So far, we plan to:
- Provide funding to match special Centennial federal grants to restore the Cruiser Lake Trail System, launch an Adopt-a-Trail program, and remove invasive cattails in the park to restore wetlands for fish and waterfowl.
- Send our 100th high school student to Voyageurs through the National Park Teen Ambassador program.
- Celebrate Voyageurs National Park through a series of events and programs in the park and Twin Cities areas. Save the date: April 18, 2016 for our Voyageurs Centennial Party at Surly Brewing and June 11, 2016 for the grand opening of the Rainy Lake Recreation Trail.
Thank you for your support! We look forward to celebrating the Centennial with national park enthusiasts like you!