The mission of the Jaques Art Center is to present exhibits, workshops, and programming in the arts for people of all ages
We fulfill our mission by:
- Providing hands-on art classes and educational programs for all ages.
- Presenting up to seven exhbitis each year in our beautiful Carnegie Gallery (Admission is always free)
- Developing Kaleidoscope, a monthly art experience just for kids.
- Welcoming over 48,000 visitors since our doors opened in 1996.
- Making our home in an historic century-old Carnegie Library.
- Sharing Minnesota's 2nd largest collection of art created by Francis Lee Jaques, noted artist-naturalist (1887-1969)
- Offering the public the opportunity to purchase original artworks and crafts in our Gallery Gifts Shop.
- Supporting regional artists by giving them a place to show and sell their works.
- Understanding that the world would be an empty canvas without the arts!