Let's end domestic violence together.
Join us in giving hope and safety to our clients during the holiday season.
As the cost of living continues to rise, everyday essentials are becoming more & more challenging for our clients to access. Safe housing, reliable transportation, and access to services are crucial for our clients as they navigate the stressful holiday season and as they work to escape violent and unsafe relationships.
Southern Valley Alliance has set a goal of $3000 for this year's Give to the Max Day to support our current and incoming clients' needs throughout the holiday season and into the new year. These donations will directly support client's day-to-day needs, as well as supporting and ensuring the client support services we offer continue to operate and remain available for the Scott and Carver County communities.
Where Your Donation Goes:
- For our clients with vehicles, fuel gift cards provide our clients the ability to escape a violent situation, drive their children to school or daycare, get to and from work, and attend appointments.
- For our clients without vehicles, Uber and Lyft rides to and from appointments, work, and to leave dangerous situations.
Groceries and Household Essentials
- Making sure their fridge is full should be the last thing our clients should have to worry about. Providing our clients grocery gift cards ensures they can nourish their bodies and minds during the holidays.
- We provide emergency hotel stays for clients actively fleeing abusive and dangerous homes. Typically, one night in a hotel costs about $150.
- In 2023, SVA launched our Transitional Housing Program, offering survivors of abuse the time and space to rebuild their lives. While in the program, clients receive housing, financial assistance, and wrap-around case management to support them in achieving safety and stability for themselves and their families.
24/7 Access to our Confidential Crisis Line and other Client Services
- SVA offers a 24-hour Confidential Crisis Line provides a safe place to call, receive support and ask questions whether you are a victim or a concerned family member or friend. Trained advocates are available to listen and help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 952-873-4214.
How Much Should I Donate?
While we have suggested donation levels, donations in any amount are welcomed, and donations are recognized in multiple ways to show our gratitude.
Together, we can make a substantial difference in the lives of survivors who have experienced the devastating effects of domestic abuse.
By joining us, you will actively contribute to creating a community fostering compassion, healing, and hope throughout the holiday season and into the new year.