The Suicide Prevention Collaborative (SPC) is a nonprofit organization that is made up of a group of professionals and community volunteers who are dedicated to preventing teen suicide in the Twin Cities metro area.
SPC will work to prevent suicide through:
SPC is committed to increasing awareness about depression and other mental illnesses, the warning signs of suicide and the need for professional treatment. By educating the public about suicide, individuals at risk can be identified and treated, and the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide can be reduced.
SPC’s efforts are designed to:
• Educate the public about the magnitude of suicide in our community.
• Increase awareness of the need for identification and treatment of at-risk teens in order to prevent suicide.
• Increase understanding of the symptoms of mental illness and the warning signs of suicide.
• Increase awareness of area mental health resources and how to access them.
• Collaborate with community partners to establish successful, integrated suicide prevention programs in the Twin Cities metro area.